About the Program
Precision Imaging offers low-dose CT lung screening for high-risk individuals. Over 80% of lung cancers have a chance of being cured if detected early. The low-dose CT screening can find lung cancers early and the exam is quick and painless. No medications are given and no needles are used.
What is the Cost?
Medicare, Medicaid and most commercial insurance companies provide coverage for this screening for patients determined to be at high risk for lung cancer. Please check with your insurance provider.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) defines high-risk as:
- Ages 55 to 77 and
- Current smoker or former smoker who has quit in the past 15 years and
- Smoking history of at least 30-pack years.
What is required for coverage?
- All Medicare patients ages 55-77 will have lung screening covered
A Shared Decision Making discussion is required prior to being screened
- Medicare does not deem lung screening medically necessary for Medicare patients age 78-80; as a result screening will be an out-of-pocket expense of approximately $250
- All non-Medicare patients ages 55-77 can still complete the lung screening and all screenings will be billed to their insurance company
If their insurance company does not cover lung screening, this will be an out-of-pocket
expense of approximately $250